Exactly what are jigsaw puzzles made of? 🧩
We will start by discussing what Quality Content puzzles are made of in relation to protecting the environment and ensuring they are affordable and durable for your puzzling experience!
Puzzle boards: Could be white, blue, gray, wooden, acrylic, or plastic
Gray chipboard is a thick kind of paper stock that is made from 100% recyclable materials (mix of made from waste paper, packaging and cardboard). Chipboard is categorised on its thickness or “caliper” in millimetres (mm). Quality Content puzzles are made of 2mm thick recycled gray board. Utilizing gray board is cost effective, eco friendly and makes it easier to pick up the puzzle once completed!
Lamination or Varnish (Coating):
Aqueous coating is a clear, fast-drying water-based coating that is used to protect printed pieces. Due to its water base, aqueous coating is more environmentally friendly than varnish or UV coatings. Quality Content uses aqueous varnish. Aqueous coatings provide more substantial scuff-resistance and also:
- Non-toxic & environmentally friendly: recyclable and does not produce harmful emissions into the environment during production.
- Durable and long lasting: By sealing the ink against exposure to air, the coating maintains the fidelity of metallic inks.
- Aqueous coating is also less susceptible to yellowing and discoloration over time
There are many different types of coatings for puzzles. We will discuss in a different blog soon!
Packaging: All puzzles are shipped in a corrugated box because:
- contains recycled content and is recyclable. ...
- is renewable, reusable and helps to save energy. ...
- provides a stable, sturdy cushion for any products through long-distance transport and constant shipping and handling.
- cost effective for business owners
Puzzles can also come in resealable zip lock bags and fabric pouches, doubling their usefulness for future projects or storage. Currently, Quality Content puzzles are stored inside of a corrugated box in a plastic bag. However, future puzzles will come in a recyclable fabric bag and no shrink wrap for the outside packaging.
Stay tuned for more information as we answer your puzzle questions!
Happy Puzzling and thank you to @puzzling.pusing on Instagram!
Interested in more information about puzzle brands,manufacturing processes and answers to your most popular puzzle questions? Follow her page today on instagram